Feb 6, 2014

Winter Weather Recipe

Good Morning to my 3 loyal readers. ;)
I think it’s time I start working on upping my readers.
Anyway, the weather in Central IL...is COLD, SNOWY & CRAP. I'm totally over it and ready for the Spring weather. Poor Mini couldn't make it through the snow drifts and got stuck in the yard yesterday when I made my 1st attempt to leave. Why I just didn't start in the 4 wheel drive truck is beyond me.

 
Since the weather was so cold and yucky, I decide that some nice Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup would warm us up.
The recipe was pretty simple to make and delicious. It would of went great with some grilled cheese or some nice warm bread. 
I made the serving size for 8…idk why other than I was too lazy to cut everything in ½. So I made a huge batch and froze the rest of it for another day.
 Ingredients:

olive oil
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
1 small onion (chopped)
2 (15 ounce) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes  (I only used 1 can because I only had 1 and I wasn’t leaving the house to get another)
2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans campbell's tomato soup
2 (10 ounce) cans milk (use soup can)
10 fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried basil
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
3 tablespoons Italian-style tomato paste
1/2 cup light cream or 1/2 cup half-and-half
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini

Directions:

1. Coat soup pan with olive oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté till soft.

2. Add canned diced tomatoes, basil, tomato soup and two cans milk. Stir till blended.

3. Add chicken broth and stir in tomato paste till blended.

4. Simmer for 20 minutes

5. Add light cream and parmesan cheese.

6. Add tortellini and cook till tender (at least 15 minutes).
 
7.  Enjoy!!!

 
See easy peasy!!!
 
Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment